MacBook pro wont start !

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently traveling in Europe and I have my MacBook pro with me, I was using it one night and the battery drained and I closed it and didn't use it for a couple of days, yesterday I charged it fully and tried to open it but it won't start !!! I've tried everything ( removed the battery , reset the pram and the other thing ) so I let it rest for a day but I tried to start it today and it wont start, and the battery decreased two lights from the green indecator thing even though I didn't use it. Where I'm staying there's no apple store, what should I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Even with it plugged in it won't boot up?
What are the specs on your MacBook?

Reaction score
Try this...
hold down the power button for 20 seconds, after that remove the battery, make sure the power cord IS NOT plugged in, and hold down the power button for 5 more seconds. at which point plug in JUST the power adapter, no battery, and hold down the power button another 5 seconds and then let go, and push the power one more time, like you normally do to turn on your computer, and see what it does.

if it does, go all the way to the desktop (login etc) shut down you MB and then insert the battery back in and restart.

also can you explain how you reset PRAM if the computer does not turn on at all, or what did it do when you where resetting the pram, or after you reset it. haha. just trying to understand how you reset it, if it does not turn on.

thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok so I tried what u said and still nothing ;/ I don't know if I reset the pram but I did the thing where u take the battery out and hold the power button for 5 seconds. My laptop is a 15 inch mbp late 08 version. I'm really worried all my stuff will get deleted cuz i never backed up :(

OP
S
Reaction score
Btw I didn't shut it down the night it was working, it just went to sleep cuz the battery emptied

Reaction score
did you have any usb, firewire or ethernet devices plugged in right now? if so please remove them.

also when you push the power button, does the sleep light (the little white light) do anything? blink or flash? if so how many times. OR is is pulsating like if it is sleeping, or nothing at all?

Reaction score
also, when you take out the battery, and have just the power adapter attached, what color is the light? orange? green? or no light?

OP
S
Reaction score
There is no white light and when I plugged in the charger alone it was green. This happened to me twice before, the first time a couple of weeks ago and the second time last week. But both times I just took the battery out and put it back and it started . U think it's a hard drive failure ?

OP
S
Reaction score
If it's a logic Board problem and i get it replaced will all my data be erased ? Please help me out im really scared everything will get deleted, it has everything on there

Reaction score
So far it does not seem to be a hard drive failure so it does NOT seem like all your data will be lost, it does how ever seem like a logic board issue.

We actually got a white mac book last night in the shop that seems to be doing the same thing yours is doing, and I plan on working on it a little bit later on today, so I will post back what I found on that.

just to be clear, I am not saying what my customers has, is the same problem as your, but am recommending that you take it the Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, when ever you get back to town.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok thank you so much for your help. The battery keeps decreasing so it's still asleep. Btw my laptop is full of dust inside, could this be a contributing factor ?

Reaction score
Sorry... worked on the MBP yesterday, and again while it was not the same, I did everything I told you above, when it did not work, I did some hardware testing, and found out, it needed a new top case cable...

again like I said its not the same, but its hard without me having the computer, so at this point, I would recommend taking it to a Apple Store if you still under warranty or a Apple Authorized Service Provider, and having them take a look at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.