Have to help my godmother make a site, please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Running Snow Leopard 10.6.4
My godmother recently called me and asked if I could help her make a website. She does consultant work and she wants to point her potential customers to her website. I'm only 15 so I don't have much experience making website (Except HTML and CSS), like you other webmasters So she wants a site that's easy to maintain because she doesn't have web experience. So what I'm asking in a nutshell is how could she make a well made professional site, without her having much programming experience? I know that she'll need a domain name and web hosting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
She could run her sire as a blog using WordPress, or use a content system like Joomla.

Both the above use a template system, but if you know enough CSS and html, you can find a skin online for these systems, that is close to your intended design - and skin it by editing the templates CSS to match what you want.

Once you get used to Joomla or Wordpress, you can teach her how to update her own site using just a web browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
I would recommend something like Build a Website - Create a Blog - Squarespace

They will deal with the design, hosting, domain, etc. Then all you need to do is to use their editor to add pages and content. It's really simple to do!

(FYI; I'm not endorsed by SquareSpace or anything, they just provide a good service!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.