Reinstall Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
My Macbook has gone very slow recently..

I am running 10.6.4.

I am aware that doing a reinstall should fix it, however after install i wanted to recover from a time machine backup. Would doing that null and void any gains from doing a fresh install since all the files would be put back and any problems carried over?

Thanks for clarification.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
It can sometimes, which is why I don't use Time Machine at all. I would try doing maintenance on your machine first. Google a program called Onyx, it's free, and does wonders on the machine. Also try doing a system defrag, that might free up some space and make things run quicker. How much RAM and available disk space do you have on your MB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook first generation
You can also do a restart while holding down the shift button. This will start OS X in safe mode and run some cleaning scripts automatically.

OP
Z
Reaction score
It can sometimes, which is why I don't use Time Machine at all. I would try doing maintenance on your machine first. Google a program called Onyx, it's free, and does wonders on the machine. Also try doing a system defrag, that might free up some space and make things run quicker. How much RAM and available disk space do you have on your MB?

I have the last in the macbook aluminum family before they turned into the new macbook pro.

It has :

2ghz Core 2 Duo.
4gb ddr3 1067mhz.
320 GB Hdd.
Nvidia Geforce 9400m 256mb.

Was fast up until a few weeks ago, until the 10.6.4 update if i remember correctly, or maybe it was slightly after when i installed virusbarrier x6 (I doubt it's even needed I just got a bit paranoid about keyloggers...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.