iMac has server software installed...how do I boot from disc (to install tiger)??

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals

I accidentally installed a server disc on my iMac when upgrading the hard drive (now it's 1TB).

I have my tiger disc ready to reformat/install on, but when I have the disc in and hold C down, it just spits it out and goes back into the initial server configuration.

Any help? Thanks!

**Also, I do have a 2nd G5 iMac 2ghz, 2gb and 1TB for sale...but I don't have enough posts yet to do so.

Thanks again
Dane

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Hold "Option" key down for few seconds, then you should be able to choose the installation disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Alternatively, with the Tiger disk in the machine, go to SysPrefs > Startup Disk and select OS X Install Disk. That may force the OS to use the chosen disk.

I have to ask - is the Tiger disk the correct one for your model of Mac? If it was intended for a different model and is grey colored, it won't work. You need the retail version of Tiger (black).

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes, it is--let me see what I can do tonight when I'm home--thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.