Can't delete (weird file name) from Trash can

Reaction score
So ive got this file ␀␀␀ö␀␀.␀␀ that cannot be deleted.
I know it's been asked before, and yes i've looked it up, google and all, but still couldnt delete it.
It disappear when i try to see its info, take it out of the trash can, to rename it, only to reappear seconds later.
I'm not running Bootcamp, never did and never installed windows.
When i drag the file into Terminal here's what it shows me.

Last login: Mon Jul 26 18:29:19 on ttys000 / Volumes/BOOTCAMP/.Trashes/502/␀␀␀ööthanlewis$␀/Volumes/BOOTCAMP/.Trashes/502/␀␀␀̈

(even manages to mess up my name haha)
So apparently it IS related to the bootcamp drive..

I tried deleting the trash via terminal, deleting specifically with it, didnt work.
Empty trash, secure empty, dont work.
holding option or command button while emptying doesnt work
Trash It and other applications don't work.

Please i really really need help its bugging me so FREAKIN much.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
T
Reaction score
yes it was owned by someone else before, but windows was not installed or had anything in the bootcamp driver at all.
So bootcamp wasnt used at all.

and the file i cant delete juste recently appeared (ive had this macbook pro for half a year now)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hmm, the thing I find strange is that there appears to be a volume named BOOTCAMP.
Can you open Disk Utility and see if you can see it listed?
If it is listed and you have no need for bootcamp, get rid of the partition by selecting the very first HD in Disk Utility. Then under the Partition tab select the bootcamp volume and press the - button. It should delete the bootcamp volume and add the space to your normal OS X startup volume.

OP
T
Reaction score
skullcaps pm

is this going to completely erase the Bootcamp volume or just what's inside of it (or linked to it)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is going to completely erase the bootcamp volume, and add the gained space to the OSX volume. I will be like the bootcamp volume never existed.

If you just want to erase the information inside the bootcamp volume and keep it, just do an erase on the bootcamp volume. Disk Utility>Select the bootcamp volume under the main HD and under the Erase tab erase it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your Welcome!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.