OSX 10.4.2 install on imac DV slot in (NO DVD)

gor

Reaction score
Hi, sorry to bother you with a question from the past, but that blue imac is just too good to throw it away.

So now there is a new HD installed - it runs fine with the external FW HD - and I managed to install from the imac G5 via tarket mode and original DVD the first disk pretty well.
(I also have universal install DVD, but the G5 and the imac dont seem to like it).

The blue imac boots with the new installation - and now ask for the second DVD. Which I made an image on the external FW HD - but some how i can not see it - and the installation program window does not allow me to select the immage.

Do you have a tip how to work around that?

Thanks very much!

Good night
Gregor

OP
G

gor

Reaction score
Cloning seems to do it

After looking more through this forum i found the carbon copy cloning version- which seems to work fine so far (cloning my content from fresh installed external FW HD to internal HD).

CC tells me the clone will be bootable (after I deleted the first part of the installation from the internal disk).

Keeping my fingers crossed - will tell you how it worked.

It is amazing how fast the 400mhz G3 imac with 512MB RAM boots!

Good day to you.

Silly me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.