• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumors of Updated iMacs, Mac Pros, and New Displays to be Announced Tomorrow 7/26/10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
we'l see tomorrow then....

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm usually not a "BIG" Apple rumors person...but saw this article & thought maybe some other folks would appreciate it.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Hey guys, I gotta quick question! I just bought my first ever mac computer (iMac) on Friday, July 16th. I thought I remember hearing about you had 14 days to return it/if a new unit is updated in that 14 days, you could get the newest model?? If anyone has anything to say, it would be much obliged:)
Thanks,
Zach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Im due for a new iMac but I still love my ppc Tiger iMac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I have read reports about there being short supplies of iMacs and Mac Pros so something seems to be going on. They may or may not be released tomorrow but it seems soon if not tomorrow.

Hey guys, I gotta quick question! I just bought my first ever mac computer (iMac) on Friday, July 16th. I thought I remember hearing about you had 14 days to return it/if a new unit is updated in that 14 days, you could get the newest model?? If anyone has anything to say, it would be much obliged:)
Thanks,
Zach
I believe Apple still has their 14 day return policy. Call an Apple store if you want to know for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The iMac's got a speed bump in CPU and GPU along with 1333MHz on the ram and the
new external trackpad to replace or work in addition to a mouse and a battery charger
for your Bluetooth access.

Reaction score
The iMac's got a speed bump in CPU and GPU along with 1333MHz on the ram and the
new external trackpad to replace or work in addition to a mouse and a battery charger

So is it truly worth bringing my imac into today and seeing if i can replace it with the new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
So is it truly worth bringing my imac into today and seeing if i can replace it with the new one?

Doesn't hurt to try, but I would call first and see what they say instead of hauling it around where it could get damaged.

Reaction score
Thank you very much. One more question, are the new specs on the higher end 21.5 inch model truly going to make a difference compared the higher end last generation iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Thank you very much. One more question, are the new specs on the higher end 21.5 inch model truly going to make a difference compared the higher end last generation iMac?

That is up to you to decide. It all depends on what you use the machine for. For my needs there is absolutely no need for me to upgrade. I know this doesn't answer your question, but you really need to take a hard look at your requirements and decide accordingly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Can they just stick a GPU brand and stick with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66GHz, 4-GB DDR3, 500-GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
dunno why but im mostly excited about the charger +_+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

Should probably clarify that when configuring your iMac, you cannot choose the magic trackpad instead of the magic mouse. It's either magic mouse, magic mouse and magic trackpad (+$69USD), or Apple Mouse. I don't know why Apple did this because I can't imagine needing the magic trackpad and the magic mouse. They should have added a 4th option of only magic trackpad.

And also wanted to clarify that the battery charger is an additional $29USD in case anyone gets their hopes up that it is part of a "bundle" or something. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Mac Pro line is also updated. They will be released in August. 12 Cores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
dunno why but im mostly excited about the charger +_+

Why ? It's still a rapid charger, which only reduces the intake AFTER it is done charging the batteries. There is no such thing as a better rapid battery charger. Just save your money and buy a proper charger like an LA CROSSE BC-700 or the 900 for a bit more. And the whole special "Apple-Optimized" batteries sounds like a sham to me. I'd love to hear how they've changed the technology of standard NiMH batteries so much so that they're "optimized" for Apple's standards.

I thought it was a great idea too, until I read that it "charges very fast" which means rapid charger. Get some Sanyo Eneloops and a more efficient charger than what looks like a very typical quick burn one.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Should probably clarify that when configuring your iMac, you cannot choose the magic trackpad instead of the magic mouse. It's either magic mouse, magic mouse and magic trackpad (+$69USD), or Apple Mouse. I don't know why Apple did this because I can't imagine needing the magic trackpad and the magic mouse. They should have added a 4th option of only magic trackpad.

And also wanted to clarify that the battery charger is an additional $29USD in case anyone gets their hopes up that it is part of a "bundle" or something. :)

To be fair, the magic trackpad is $69 USD with or without the magic mouse. It's not like they're doing anyone a favor or anything, but they're just saying, "well hey, you were getting the mouse for free anyway.. so whatever, just take it". Or something... Weird marketing if you ask me.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
To be fair, the magic trackpad is $69 USD with or without the magic mouse. It's not like they're doing anyone a favor or anything, but they're just saying, "well hey, you were getting the mouse for free anyway.. so whatever, just take it". Or something... Weird marketing if you ask me.

Doug

Exactly! I was thinking the same thing (just didn't say it). ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Just save your money and buy a proper charger like an LA CROSSE BC-700 or the 900 for a bit more.
How is the same price for a charger without batteries saving your money?

And the whole special "Apple-Optimized" batteries sounds like a sham to me. I'd love to hear how they've changed the technology of standard NiMH batteries so much so that they're "optimized" for Apple's standards.
My guess is that they're designed for long, low-voltage applications like input devices, and not, say, digital cameras. Probably exactly the opposite of those Eneloops. They'd probably suck in digital cameras.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't know why Apple did this because I can't imagine needing the magic trackpad and the magic mouse.

I can. I much prefer a trackpad for day-to-day use, but there are times when I need more precision and can get that from a mouse. I actually switch back and forth a lot on my Macbook Pro.

I agree they should have offered a trackpad-only option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.