Can't drag and drop on macbook pro.

Reaction score
This is a recent problem for me. I have a macbook pro that I purchased about a year ago, OS X 10.6.4, everything on it runs fine, literally no problems except that I can't drag and drop things like music into itunes, photos to other folders, I can't rotate the camera in online games, I can't highlight text or make boxes, and so on. The actual clicking of the trackpad works fine, and I can copy and paste things. But for some reason, it doesn't seem like my macbook is registering that a finger is still pressed on the trackpad when I use another finger to try and drag.

I've done software updates, nothing changed. Tried deleting my icon cache, but there was no such thing in either library. I've looked at other threads, on multiple forums, but nothing matched my problem exactly.

I also have tap to click activated, although I have tried dragging without it and it still didn't work. I've tried also plugging in an external mouse, which also didn't work.

I could really use some help :( This is driving me crazy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.