Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
And I'd venture to say that the majority of previous jailbreaks that were done before, with the exception of unlocks, were to get functionality like multitasking that is now built into iOS 4.

There's not really a need to do it any longer for most people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Oh boy the fanboys are upset, Everyone calm down... I find jailbreaking to be very useful for me I like that I can take my iPhone to another network or that I hack it to run Android or do anything else I like, And I don't need Apple's permission. More importantly the Government agrees with myself and everyone else who supported jailbreaking, I'm not trying to convince you to like it some people strictly toe the Steve Jobs/Apple line and won't say or do anything he doesn't approve of and that's cool. When I need an app or function that Apple won't allow or hasn't approved of, most of the time that's where jailbreaking comes into play.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So help me understand why you felt the need to start throwing insults?

And for the record, I'm not a fanboy. Check out the Apple becoming Microsoft thread for proof if you need it. ;)

I'll also add that insulting people to make your argument rarely strengthens your argument.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I wouldn't say it's an insult, I did read your post about Apple becoming Microsoft that's the last thing we need more Government controlling corporations and telling them how to do business,But that conversation is for another time and place. I consider myself Fanboy I don't see why you see it as an insult. I'm also a fanboy who can see both sides of the isle when it comes to Apple and their products. Steve said it himself "Were not perfect" it's OK to point that out. If there's a better way for me to make my iPhone,iPad or Macbook work that isn't sanctioned by Apple, Guess what I'm going to do it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Why is a person a Fanboy because they are not for Jailbreaking something. I for one have had countless friends and people have issue after issue caused by Jailbreaking their touch and iPhone.

Now that it's legal, go for it if you want, but to me it's like buying a Mac just to run Windows. I buy Apple products for the total package. If I wanted Android OS, I would purchase an Android and not Jailbreak an iPhone and try to make it run on it. What I like about the iPhone and Macs IS the OS. Take that away I would never purchase an Apple Product in the first place. Fanboy just because I like an OS? When I see all the other issues people have with other OS's, I think I have made the correct choice.

I go with what works for me. Fanboy is an insult, a blind person who blindly buys something and anything a company makes without even checking if there is something better. I have checked and bought accordingly.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bargsbeer, you clearly used it as an insult in your post, let's not try to pretend otherwise. You may want to reread the Community Guidelines , especially the first one again. ;)

And please don't confuse your ability to say Apple did something wrong with you right to throw insults at people with differing opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
With every release of the iphone - Apple has made jailbreaking less and less appealing. There are those of us with older 3g iphones. Here are the apps that made it worth it for me in the past
-backgrounder
-cycorder
-categories
-sbsettings
-ssh
-vncserver and viewer
-terminal
-intelliscreen
-tethering
-5 icon dock

Again - a lot of these things are available with newer phones and OSes - but stuff like the built in background app doesn't work on the 3g.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bargsbeer, you clearly used it as an insult in your post, let's not try to pretend otherwise. You may want to reread the Community Guidelines , especially the first one again. ;)

And please don't confuse your ability to say Apple did something wrong with you right to throw insults at people with differing opinions.

If I said something that was offensive I apologize. I currently use the iPhone 4
(I have it on GoPhone pre-paid) Never been an At&t user until a few weeks back when I bought the iPad 3G, There service and signal are awesome no trouble or problems with the service (outside of the antenna issue) I like my iPhone 4 just to way it is, But there are several features I would like to add a few that come to mind, These are all apps I can't get through Apple.

five icon dock
MyWi
six row icons
Winterboard
SBSettings
Terminal
Customizing/Themese..etc

I like my iDevices the way they are out of the box,But If I can figure out a way to tweak or improve the functionality to suit my needs better I'm going to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I don't jailbreak, but I fail to see why it's a problem for some people that other people do it. I put countless engine parts on my 2008 Daytona and blew the warranty within the first 6 months. I know how to fix cars so it doesn't bother me. I don't expect Dodge to fix it for me either. I also don't expect other Dodge owners to get mad at me for choosing to make my vehicle more than what it was originally. Trite analogy, but it works for me. I like it better with 456hp and no warranty than with 345hp and a warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I find that every time I jailbreak an iPhone it slows it WAY down. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I can't personally handle a slow electronic device it drives me nuts. So in the end I pass on the jailbreaking. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't jailbreak, but I fail to see why it's a problem for some people that other people do it. I put countless engine parts on my 2008 Daytona and blew the warranty within the first 6 months. I know how to fix cars so it doesn't bother me. I don't expect Dodge to fix it for me either. I also don't expect other Dodge owners to get mad at me for choosing to make my vehicle more than what it was originally. Trite analogy, but it works for me. I like it better with 456hp and no warranty than with 345hp and a warranty.

Not to thread jack, Just curious what kind of numbers do you get in the 1/2 Mile with 456hp motor?

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like my iDevices the way they are out of the box,But If I can figure out a way to tweak or improve the functionality to suit my needs better I'm going to do it.

And that's perfectly acceptable. I just have a feeling that a majority of iPhone iOS 4 users won't really feel the need to jailbreak.

And to back that up, there are stats online that state 90%+ of iPhone users have never even heard of jailbreaking and only a fraction of that 10% have actually done it to date.

If they do it, that's their choice, but let's not get upset at those that choose not to. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

That is an excellent way to put it. Great analogy!
I don't fault anyone who does jailbreak their phone because they probably have a reason for doing it (usually functionality) and they know the risks they are taking. Even if they just do it out of curiosity. Whatever. It doesn't hurt me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Not to thread jack, Just curious what kind of numbers do you get in the 1/2 Mile with 456hp motor?

We will know that hopefully by the end of the summer when the Quaife LSD and the 3.21's arrive. After I can get it all jammed in there, I plan to hit the 1/4 mile track. Currently, she's a Dynojet queen that occasionally likes to embarrass SRT-8's, G8's and GTO's at stoplights. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I will definitely will try the next jailbreak update, not because it has anything special on top of os4, but for simply ONE app, MyWi! Best app ever! I could care less about being able to get hacked apps for free. I like to support all those app developers who helped to make the iphone what it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.