iMac 27 w/ i5 processor

Reaction score
well, i took the plunge and ordered my iMac 27 w/ i5 processor. I'm going to be doing some video editing, photo editing, and I also want to stream live tv through it. I saw a youtube video yesterday showing 2 programs to download in order to make this work.

This is my first Mac Computer so please recommend me some software to download in order to really get this thing moving. I read there was a program to turn the fans on and off.

please refer some essential stuff and why i'll need to use it and some non-essential stuff so i have some fun on this machine!!!

I"m very excited about this to say the least.

thanks all

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No suggestions for the video stuff..but do NOT install any software that will play around with the fans..the WORST of this is to turn it off..you'll very quickly destroy your new iMac by doing that.

The iMac will suck cold air from the bottom and allow it to flow over the components and then expel the hot air from the top. Should the temps rise, the iMac should speed up the fans to increase airflow..messing with that is just asking for trouble..

Enjoy your new iMac when you get it..

Regards

OP
S
Reaction score
^^^thanks for the tip!! again, i'm new to the whole mac world and i'm hoping to absorb a ton of information from forum..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You came to the right place. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
^^ any essential software downloads i should know about? what about programs in order to watch Live TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
^^^thanks for the tip!! again, i'm new to the whole mac world and i'm hoping to absorb a ton of information from forum..
You came to the right place. :)
There definitely is a lot of information to learn on this forum. It can be a bit of information overload for a new user at times though. :D

^^ any essential software downloads i should know about? what about programs in order to watch Live TV?
I don't think there is anything super essential because Macs come with a lot of useful applications already. Aside from the normal stuff like alternative web browsers, word processors, etc it just depends on what you want to do with your Mac.

I don't do a lot of live streaming TV so I can't really help you there. I believe there were some threads in the past where others have recommend applications so a search might get your answers. I have a lot of apps installed so listing them all might take awhile. ;)

Is there anything specific other than live TV that you were looking for? There are many Mac equivalent software for Macs that can be found on Windows so whatever you used on your Windows machine might be a good start to find a Mac version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.