AirPort Extreme dual-band freezes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2008 and MBP 15" Late 2008
I have an Airport Extreme (dual-band, newest version) which is freezing multiple times a week. Basically when that happens I can still access the network and the Internet. But Airport Utility can't connect to the router and the shared printing (Bonjour) stops working.

The only solution is unplugging it from the AC socket and plugging it back it. But the problem keeps coming back.

I tried restoring it a couple of times to no avail. Is this a known issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I had this happen to me and a few friends. Do you have the Airport Extreme plugged into a UPS? I've found during the summer months there would be brownouts - not enough to turn everything off - but enough to send devices into weird states. In California this was pretty prevalent. After putting all my networking equipment onto an Uninterruptible Power Supply - I stopped having the issue of freezing.

It could be old firmware or bad hardware as well.

OP
RHochstenbach
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2008 and MBP 15" Late 2008
I don't have a UPS here unfortunately. But I used to have the older Airport Extreme which didn't had this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.