BCOD on bootcamp win xp professional??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" [email protected]
I have had a 2010 mbp 15" i7 with bootcamp windows xp pro 32bit on it for a while now and its been crashing just recently with a BCOD error : IRQL_is_not_less_or_equal, and says to remove any recently added hardware, but i havent touched the hardware in the mbp??? i have attached the minidump folder of the errors. Any help would be appreciated =[

View attachment Minidump.zip

Reaction score
does this happen everytime you boot? or just randomly? having taken a very quick look at the minidump it appears to be caused by portcls.sys this is related to a sound driver. i will take a better look later but it may be somewhere to start.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey, thanks for the reply, no it does not happen everytime i boot ( or even when i boot) but occasionally when the mbp is left on for a while (without being used) or when i play a game.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would it be alright if i just went to nvidia website an downloaded the lastest driver for the video card??? would it affect anything??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.