MacBook Pro Will Not Startup

Reaction score
OK. I am running Snow Leopard (latest version) which was all working wonderfully until I installed a T-mobile dongle. Since restarting the system after installing the dongle the OS will not start. It gets to the screen where the Apple logo appears and the spinning cog but remains in that state permanant.

So far I have tried the following:

Reset PRAM
Tried to start in safe mode
Started with install disc and used diskutility to check disk. All was fine
Fixed permissions

Now I know this problem is something to with the software the T-mobile dongle has installed. Is there any way of removing without loading the OS via termianl or something (I would need detailed instructions).

Or is there anything else I can try failing archive and reinstall which is my very last resort.

Thanks everybody.

Stefan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not much you can do if you can't restart the machine. Do an archive and reinstall. That will preserve your data and should get rid of whatever T-Mobile installed.

Good lesson here.... Always backup right before installing any kind of hardware. And you really should be backing up all the time. That's what Time Machine is for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.