Long term battery question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro | 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB of RAM | 320GB HD | Black 16GB iPhone 3GS |
I like to get the best long term life out of all the batteries in my gadgets. By doing this, I reduce the amount of charges I put on the battery and always charge them properly. I just got a new MacBook Pro and I use this computer on the power adapter most of the time. About once every week or so, I let it drain all the way down and do a full charge. Is it bad to constantly have the notebook hooked up to the power adapter? And how often should I let it run on battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I always keep my MacBook Pro plugged in. I do the same, discharge it once a week. As long as you discharge once a week or so, and calibrate your battery once a month, your battery health should do just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.