Getting struck while installing Bootcamp drivers

Reaction score
Hi, 3 days back bought a MacBookPro 2.66ghz i7, 8gb ram, 128SSD. It came with Snow leapord 10.6.3.

I installed Bootcamp > Windows XP 32bit> inserted OS dvd to install Bootcamp drivers Version 3.1 (Build 2232). Now the problem starts.

While installing the drivers, the installer stops at "Installing Audio drivers" and didn't proceed. So, i copied the Bootcamp drivers to local hdd and tried installing again. This time the installer stops at "Installing Apple Keyboard". I tried three times.

Can anyone help.

-Amstos

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's move this to the proper forum first.

When you installed the BC drivers, were you booted to Windows XP? And was Boot Camp 3.1 included with your Snow Leopard DVD? Are you sure it wasn't Boot Camp 3.0? Because 3.1 is a download from the Apple site and can not be installed unless 3.0 is installed first.

Let us know.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi, 3 days back bought a MacBookPro 2.66ghz i7, 8gb ram, 128SSD. It came with Snow leapord 10.6.3.

I installed Bootcamp > Windows XP 32bit> inserted OS dvd to install Bootcamp drivers Version 3.1 (Build 2232). Now the problem starts.

While installing the drivers, the installer stops at "Installing Audio drivers" and didn't proceed. So, i copied the Bootcamp drivers to local hdd and tried installing again. This time the installer stops at "Installing Apple Keyboard". I tried three times.

Can anyone help.

-Amstos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
not sure if it is the same when installing drivers for xp. But i had the same issue when installing the drivers for windows 7. I had to download an updated version of the drivers from apples support page.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not post twice. You initial post was moved to the Windows forum where it belongs and was answered there.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm not sure if there's a way, but try looking for Bootcamp 2.0 drivers, and see if you can update to the new version from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.