Hotkeys changed? OS 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hey I just reinstalled leopard on my comp due to some issues I'd been having, and now my hotkeys have changed for some reason. I can't find the way to set the volume increase and decrease as well as the play/pause hotkeys. (I tried activating F1, F2, etc as standard function keys but that didn't work, any help on how to solve this matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

OP
J
Reaction score
I'll also add in case it's necessary: I'm using an apple wireless keyboard, one of the newer models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hey I just reinstalled leopard on my comp due to some issues I'd been having, and now my hotkeys have changed for some reason.
Had you customized them? A reinstall will restore the defaults.

By the way, "bumping" your own thread violates forum rules, just so you know. And looking at the times of your posts, I'd say you need to develop a little patience.

OP
J
Reaction score
sorry bout bumps, didn't know
and I reinstalled leopard but don't have the standard hotkey functions for volume up and down or pause, so I don't know what's up with that. Is there any way to customize those?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try:
System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts > +
???

OP
J
Reaction score
It asks me to add a shortcut with the exact menu title of the command. I tried "Play" or "Volume Increase" but none of those worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to the Menu Bar at the top. Find the command you want to set a hotkey to. Write down the exact word(s) and use that verbatim.

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried that, with Play and Pause from iTunes, but that didn't work. Also there's no menu bar command for volume increase/decrease. I still can't understand why those two hotkeys aren't working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.