Mouse Problem ~ MBP

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This one isn't a big issue but enough to get annoying after a while.

Basically everytime i plug in my mighty mouse it resets all my mouse and trackpad settings. I don't know about you guys, but I always have the tracking speed on my mouse maxed. (I know its odd for some, but once you get used to it its nice being able to move your mouse just slightly and be able to click anywhere) But my main problem is everytime I plug in my mouse it resets everything.

Is there a way I can change the default mouse settings for both my trackpad and my mouse (Like in my preferences)? And does anyone know why when I plug my mouse in it resets everything?

Looking forward to your replies, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Regards.

PS Im running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 on a MacBook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Is there a way I can change the default mouse settings for both my trackpad and my mouse (Like in my preferences)?
I don't use a Mighty Mouse but how have you been changing the tracking speed if you have not been doing it the system preferences? I use a Logitech mouse and everytime I disconnect and reconnect my mouse stays at the same tracking speed. Go to your system preferences and then the mouse section if you have not already done so.

I also like a fast tracking speed and mine is set one below the fastest setting. If changing the preferences doesn't work and you have another mouse you can try and see if the problem is related to the Mighty Mouse or if it's a problem with your computer. Any USB mouse will work on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.