• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How good is this Craigslist ??......... 17Yr old swapped a mobile phone for a Porsche

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Here is a story that shows you persistence can get you a long way.

17Yr old swapped a mobile phone for a Porsche

Ok i have a Gold Plated - 27 Strand, 14 Colour HDMI Cable to swap for a 3gs iPhone ... any takers ????? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
See why even work? Just trade for everything lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
He then traded the phone for an iPod Touch, the iPod Touch for a dirtbike
I should be able to trade my iPad for a Harley!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What a great story. I wouldn't like his insurance premium though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
What a great story. I wouldn't like his insurance premium though!

17 year old in a Porsche? I don't even think they'd insure him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've done stuff like this before.. I went from a $4 CDN (used) PS2 memory card, to a $450 USD M-Audio MIDI Controller :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
Haha this is definitely going to be a small summer project for me! :)

Starting off with a faulty iPod Video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think more people do this than they even realize.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
So if the value of the Porsche was 7,000 then this would imply that the average craigslist trader loses 500 dollars or makes 500 dollars by trading.... 7,000 divided by 14 trades.... and assumes the phone he started with was worth nothing.

Kind of makes me wonder just how many stupid people out there there are.... scary really.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Kind of makes me wonder just how many stupid people out there there are.... scary really.

It is just human nature ... We are always looking for THAT bargin and if it means loosing out a bit, a lot of people dont mind.

But yes i do agree with you in the sense of how do some people think lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just found an odd ad: kidney donation

That's quite messed up!

It says donation, but is asking £90000 (USA).... hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to buy/sell body organs?

If the laws have loosened on this, I found the guy who stole my motorised bicycle. Would anyone like to buy his heart?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
It's definitely illegal in the UK, not sure about America; though I think this person (if it's a serious ad) could do this legally by making the money a 'donation' rather than payment for goods...?

Is there a Public Health Service in Australia out of interest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's definitely illegal in the UK, not sure about America; though I think this person (if it's a serious ad) could do this legally by making the money a 'donation' rather than payment for goods...?

Is there a Public Health Service in Australia out of interest?

It's illegal in the United States too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
It's illegal in the United States too.

While it is illegal in the US there are ways that people bend and twist what is allowed to the point that buying and selling organs can and does take place. This is a crime that would be hard to stop as the person wanting a kidney isn't going to tell the police because if he/she does they have no chance of getting the kidney... they will just pay under the table to pay in excess of the actual expenses (because paying the expenses is legal).

Frankly I think selling and buying organs should be allowed. It makes me sick to think that I can't sell my own blood, but I can give it to the Red Cross that then sells it to a hospital that then adds on more costs until the person that needed it ends up paying $75 to $100 a pint for something I gave for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.