Got iPhone 4 working on GoPhone unlimited plan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I picked up a iPhone 4 last night, I got my Gophone unlimited sim card working in the phone all I had to do was cut down the sim with a pair of scissors. I have unlimited talk & text. Anyway this is great if you don't want a contract or are waiting for a unlock. I would imagine this will work in other countries too

Had to share.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How about the data plan, or do the GoPhone plans don't have data so you're automatically blocked??

Regards

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I didn't add a dataplan yet, According to Apple & At&t this is completely impossible, I opted for unlimited T&T, I think I can add data for $19.99 per month. I might give it a shot later today. Currently have my Tmobile and Google voice calls both forwarded to the iPhone no problems at all.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So what happens if you open up Safari or Maps and it tries to access the web? DOes it just timeout or does it go through and you're going to get hit with a perKB charge later on?

Regards

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So what happens if you open up Safari or Maps and it tries to access the web? DOes it just timeout or does it go through and you're going to get hit with a perKB charge later on?

It tells me I'm not subscribed to cellular data network. It sounds like Data is completely blocked with GoPhone

Regards

How do people manage to get an Iphone without the contract?

What can I say I'm always looking for a good Apple deal.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update: I went back to At&t I added a data plan, So far it's not working.

Reaction score
How much is it monthly? Says $60/mo but maybe i'm in a different market or whatever. Anywho I've got 4 iPhones on a family plan:

1400 minutes/mo, we never go over
3483 rollover minutes
unlimited text
unlimited data
27% discount on my line through my job

$62/mo per person.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So @bargsbeer, if anyone wanted a iPod Touch with phone capability..you've got the way..:)

Regards

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So @bargsbeer, if anyone wanted a iPod Touch with phone capability..you've got the way..:)

Regards

If you just want talk & text (Which don't get me wrong a lot of people do) This is a pretty good setup.

Also just like the iPad 3G the At&t signal is strong, except when engaging the death grip but even then I didn't get too many dropped calls.

Reaction score
Was your iPhone already activated, or did you use the GoPhone SIM to activate it?
Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

Regards

Sorry to hi-jack, but it's easier/better sometimes to resurrect than to make new...

Anyways, I just heard about Google Voice recently and tried to research it but it wasn't too clear to me how it works. Kind of like Skype, right??
Well, my biggest interest is in making it work on an iPod Touch Gen 4 (haven't purchased one yet). I want an iPhone but without the monthly contract fees and being locked in for 2 yrs. All that jazz.

Also, subsequent question: can I use an iPod Touch Gen 3 with Google Voice and basically have an iPhone (I'm aware iPod Touch only works on wi-fi)? My wife has a 3rd Gen iPod Touch. We both want iPhones don't have the $400+ right now to get them and we're tired of stupid monthly cell phone bills.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.