Need some help or suggestions...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I'm having some problems locating a program that can split a DVD-ROM into multiple CD-ROM's, does anyone know of any Mac compatible programs (preferably free)?

I need it because I want to upgrade the OS on my B&W G3 Server with Tiger, but my disc is a DVD-ROM and the G3 only has a CD-ROM drive. I've done this before with my PC using Alcohol 120% and I had hoped it could handle Apple-formatted discs but it does not. I know I can send in my disc to Apple, but I really don't feel like paying even more money than I already have for Tiger. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
even if there is a program it won't work because if you try to install it using cd's with the files chopped up the Tiger install doesn't know this and you will get a corrupted install since it will not ask you for disc 2 or disc 3 or even know where to look.

OP
dstopsky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
Thanks for the information. Looks like Apple just got another £10 from me to send off my Tiger disc for the CD version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
sounded like a good idea but like trpnmonkey41 said... the install would not work properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.