can't install itunes 4.9!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
hey all!
i need some help installing itunes. at the moment i have itunes 4.7.1. do i need to update to 4.8 to update to 4.9? When i use Installer it says that i have "a newer version of the package is all ready installed". I know its not, but i did a search for itunes in finder and i didn't find anything anyway. Please heklp and i hope my problem is clear.

B

badmojo

Did you download 4.9 by itself? Or did you run the 'update software' form the sys prefs?

I would try to update your current version first then attemt the 4.9 upgrade.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am not near my System at this time and I don't recall were the receipt folder is located. I think it is in the Library folder. In that folder locate the itunes document/file and delete it. Once that is done, you should be able to use the software update to install the latest version of itunes. The receipt folder is used to keep track of what software and the version that is loaded on your system.

OP
macAttack
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i imagine thats where the problem lays, i did try to update in software update, but it appeared as another application in my application home folder and when i opened it it would only stay open for a few seconds and then close, that is why i am trying to download it all together.

OP
macAttack
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
thanks rman! it did the trick, thanks guys for helping me out

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
:) Glad I was able to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.