Work email on ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 3Gs, iTouch and iClassic.
So recently my dad bought an iPad for work but unfortunately he hasn't had any joy trying to configure his work email with it.

It's his own domain with sophisticated settings that mail on the iPad doesn't seem to offer.

Any help?

Thanks

Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
With all due respect, I don't know how anyone here would be able to help since no one here would possibly know what the so-called "sophisticated settings" are at you father's business. His best bet would be to enlist the help of an IT professional familiar with his setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
It's his own domain with sophisticated settings that mail on the iPad doesn't seem to offer.

E-mail is a pretty standardized system, I find it hard to believe there's anything too "sophisticated" for the iPad to handle since it already handles POP3, IMAP, and Exchange types of e-mail.

Can you be a little more specific on what you feel is too "sophisticated" for the iPad?

OP
MyBrokeniPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha okay, sorry for being vague and perhaps 'sophisticated' wasn't the right word to use.

I'm not exactly sure on all the specifics but I know that he uses a Microsoft Exchange Server (which the iPad has an option for?) but he can't find options to change Outgoing and Incoming Server ports, etc.

Perhaps there's a way which he can sync his settings from his Mac to his iPad?

I'll try and find out the details and get back to this promptly, thanks for the posts so far. :)

Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha okay, sorry for being vague and perhaps 'sophisticated' wasn't the right word to use.

I'm not exactly sure on all the specifics but I know that he uses a Microsoft Exchange Server (which the iPad has an option for?) but he can't find options to change Outgoing and Incoming Server ports, etc.

Perhaps there's a way which he can sync his settings from his Mac to his iPad?

I'll try and find out the details and get back to this promptly, thanks for the posts so far. :)

Oliver

If he's using Exchange, then he doesn't need to configure the ports, he just needs to know his Exchange server name, username, and password.

Go where you add a new e-mail account in Settings and you'll see where you can select Exchange.

My college e-mail is Exchange and that works fine on the iPad.

OP
MyBrokeniPhone
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, sounds a lot less complicated than it actually is!

Thanks for your time,

Oliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
My college e-mail is Exchange and that works fine on the iPad.
Thanks for making me feel really old Schweb! There was no such thing as email when I was in college!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I graduated from college just over 10 years ago and we certainly didn't have exchange servers..just the usual Unix fare..and ended up using Pico and Nano for emailing..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTouch 32 GB 1st Gen, iPad 64GB 3G, 2.8GHZ Quad-Core Intel i7
Thanks for making me feel really old Schweb! There was no such thing as email when I was in college!

Oh yeah? Try a "token ring" network achitecture. Ah... the wild wild west days of the interwebs. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.