Quick question about the Mail application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD
Hi there,
I recently just got a macbook and I have been amazed by it ever since I got it. I have a quick question regarding the mail application so I'd really appreciate it if someone could assist me. I've recently found out that the outbox of the mail application does not show the emails that I have sent before I started using the mail application as well as the the emails that I have sent on the hotmail website as well. My question is, is there a way for me to sync the outbox of my email.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
You can import the sent folder from other mail application but to integrated into the inbox, I'm not familiar enough with it so far to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
What you are asking for is possible with IMAP rather than using POP. Not all email servers supports IMAP and while others make you pay for that feature. Basically IMAP allows you to sync up your emails so everything you sent and received that are still in your mailboxes will sync with Apple's Mail.

If you are using a different email software such as Outlook then you might be able to export your emails but website emails such as Hotmail may or may not have that feature. I don't really use Hotmail so you might want to try looking through their help files unless someone on this forum knows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.