Epson Workforce 615 Not Recognizing Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
My Epson Workforce 615 printer is not recognizing our network. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

I am using a D-Links 655 router for our networking.

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
I watched this video on setting up the Epson Workforce 610 printer:

Printer Setup

and followed the instructions exactly, but the printer did not recognize our network. So, I checked out the menus and figured out how to enter the name of our network manually, then put in the correct password.

It seems that the printer is not recognizing (seeing) our network. I printed out a status sheet, and the SSID shows the name of our network, but the printer is not connecting to our network.

Do I need to change a setting in the Router? What exactly should I do, to get our printer working .... ????

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
The only way that I can print wirelessly is to disable our secure network. And now our Internet connection is much slower, which seems to indicate that somebody is hijacking our network.

This is really a problem, since there are four of us who need to print. If all of us hard-wire to the printer, that will mean spending a lot of money on cables, and some kind of a switch to allow four computers to connect to the printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.