How to burn mp3 files onto dvd?

Reaction score
Is there anyway i could burn mp3 files onto dvd,i want this cause my car doesnt support the wav files that i burned using toast 10,is there any other program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah I know but my car doesnt play the format that toast burn it,as data, not as mp3...I want to be able to play it in my car,i used ""burn" as well but no luck cause burn it in data format not mp3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does your auto CD player play MP3s? My wife's fairly late model Camry does not and I have found few other autos that include a CD player capable of playing MP3s. Of course burning MP3 files as audio will expand them to where you'll use 4 times the space but at least they'll play in your auto CD player.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Why did you burn them as WAV?
If the cars player supports MP3, then use Toast to burn an MP3 CD (in the audio tab). I think the issue may be that you used a DVD, CD players won't recognise them at all.
Toast can also burn them as data, as Hugh suggested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I don't think the issue is with Toast. I make CDs for my car all the time with Toast 10. As mentioned by others unless your car stereo unit can play MP3 files and DVD discs then you should use the Audio CD setting in Toast and also use a CD as opposed to a DVD.

Most stock audio units in cars can't play MP3 discs nor can they play DVDs unless it's a high end special unit or an aftermarket stereo unit. If all of your music files are in WAV format then I believe Toast will convert them to a useable format when you choose the Audio CD feature in Toast.

C

chas_m

I've never run across a car stereo that recognized DVD-Rs no matter what was on them.

What I think the OP needs to do is burn an MP3 disc using *CD-Rs* not DVD-Rs, then his car stereo will recognize them (if it recognizes MP3 discs at all, I mean, I'm assuming it does).

Given that MP3 discs (which can be burned directly from iTunes among many other options) on a CD-R can hold at least 10 hours worth of music, this really ought to hold ya! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What I think the OP needs to do is burn an MP3 disc using *CD-Rs* not DVD-Rs, then his car stereo will recognize them (if it recognizes MP3 discs at all, I mean, I'm assuming it does).

We receive dozens of teaching CDs and DVDs that are loaded with MP3s. I learned the hard way about trying to play them in an auto stereo. I wound up having to burn our favorites as audio on to a separate CD in order to be able to play them in the car stereo. Pretty sad when you pay $20,000+ for an auto and the stock stereo can't play MP3s. Nowadays, most of the newer autos have the capability to play MP3s which is nice for those long trips.

Regards.

C

chas_m

PS. Another hint that might help -- if you want to burn MP3s onto a CD (or DVD) that a car stereo might have a chance of recognising, you'll want to use ISO9000 as your "format" (for Toast, etc).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.