iSight takes still images?

K

kika

Hello ^^

I am an animation student, and I want something that will allow me to pencil test my work (snap a bunch of images quickly and import them into an animation program, such as digicel or whatnot). At first, I was going to get a regular digital camera for this, however, they wound up being quite expensive, and all I really need is to test the movement of my animations, I don't care so much about quality. Then I got the idea to use something like an iSight to import my images (which would be much cheaper). However, is it possible to get an iSight to take still images? And would it be possible to get these images to import into programs like normal photos?

Thank you for your help!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Do you have a scanner? You can scan your images in, then import them into the program in question.

OP
K

kika

rman said:
Do you have a scanner? You can scan your images in, then import them into the program in question.

Yes, but for pencil testing that would take up too much time (just one second of animation is 24 scanned drawings). I only plan to scan my images in when I'm ready to make the final product, sense that produces better quality. But when I just desire to simply pencil test the movement of a scene, scanning each image would take too much time.

Most programs actually PREFER that you use a digital video camera (such as Digicel Flipbook and Loud Animation Studio).

I found out from a site about iSight that it can shoot still images and import them into iChat. But I don't know if those images can be imported into programs other than iChat. That's what I need to know.

Thank you for your help, though ^^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
yes there is such software

btv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
btv works great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Wow, nice app... Gonna have to try this with my iSight.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.