Using MacBook as Keyboard for Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker...first time poster.

I have a MacBook that I use when I am home, and I recently bought a Mac Mini 1.42ghz Power PC G4 to hook up to my TV, so I can watch Hulu, Netflix, etc.

I want to use the keyboard and track pad of my laptop to control the Mac Mini, so I don't have to worry about using two seperate keyboards when I am using the computer and also watching TV.

What is the best software for me to do this with?

I have read a little about Synergy (Synergy) which seems like the only software I can find to do what I need to do. But, it says there are some bugs for the Mac version.

Does anybody have any suggestions, for or against, Synergy or other software.

Thanks!

Reaction score
happy to help

helo

happy to help

Why don't you use screen sharing on mac Book air, it is really easy .
just enable the remote management from your macmini, connect from your MacBook :D

(its Preinstall app in Leopard and Snow Leopard Both, its called Screen sharing )

hope it helps

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you don't like Screen sharing as an option check out abyssoft - teleport. It sounds like you want to do exactly what I was doing for a couple of months. I like the fact that since both machines had their own screens it didn't clutter things up with an extra window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.