network problem

Reaction score
Hello Mac people,

I hope you can help with this problem.

I am using an imac with an airport and a a-link wireless modem.

Everytime I go to the computer and wake it up even after 15 minutes the airport won't join the network as it did before and I have to go through the whole joining network and putting the password in. This is something thats only started happening in the last three weeks.

Also I use a VPN proxy server and it also needs configuring everytime the above problem happens.

Any ideas would be more than welcome.

M

Reaction score
hi

you havent mentions what is the OS is you are working on , did you update your mac recently?

if not try to update to latest software on your mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
Aha,

Well we bought the computer in January 2008 and so am assuming its OS X leopard. (if this makes sense)

I will do a software update and see what difference this makes.

Thanks for the advice.

By the way does anyone suggest upgrading to snow leopard??

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
If you have an iMac then yes is the answer to Snow Leopard. We have two machines in the house on S/L and others in the house have used "wow" and "it did it automatically" as it connected and discovered things on it's own.

Of course if you have any production software to run be sure it will run as some versions of graphic software trip on S/L until you upgrade to the latest version. Still WAY better than "the other side".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.