2 week old Macbook Pro freezing

Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased my first Macbook 2 weeks ago. I have since then only installed Microsoft Word - no other programs, no music, no files from old computer. Tonight was the 2nd time it has frozen on me (was on my local news site), and I couldn't even force quit - I had to shut the computer down. It's late or I'd call the Apple store, but would you be concerned or take it in? And to add, no way there's any damage to it. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'd take it in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed. Since it's so new, take it into Apple and tell them what it's doing. That does not sound right at all.

Just curious, what browser were you using when it locked viewing your local news site?

OP
K
Reaction score
Agreed. Since it's so new, take it into Apple and tell them what it's doing. That does not sound right at all.

Just curious, what browser were you using when it locked viewing your local news site?

I was using Safari (haven't put anything on computer but Word and a widget I forgot about)

Reaction score
Make sure you show Apple the particular web site and section so you can duplicate. Maybe it's a java or site issue?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The main reason I asked about the browser is with Safari, if the site is heavy in Flash, sometimes it will lock Safari. I have never had it lock the whole machine though.

I agree with Stanley, do tell Apple which site locked things up.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you everyone - much appreciated. The first site that locked was Google Reader, but I was able to force quit. Tonight with al.com, not even force quit. I am a luddite, but the site I was on tonight is not complicated - simple text only, nothing fancy. I have made appt for tom - looking fwd to resolving issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.