Macbook 13 inches aluminum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina Macbook Pro 2014 model, 2.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD
Hello everyone,

I have a macbook 13 inches aluminum one which came before the 13 inches macbook pro aluminum one. I have it for almost 1 year and 3 months you can say. Just right now, I encountered a very strange problem and I have no idea whats wrong. First when I pressed the power button of my macbook, the system didn't start. I had to press the power button for a few seconds and then later on the white light on the bottom right corner flickered and the computer started. The OS is working perfectly all right. However, now whenever the computer goes to sleep, the white light doesn't blink anymore the way it used to be. If I open the lid or press any button, the system doesn't come out of sleep mode. I have to press the power button again for a few seconds and a bar fills and I can see the background and whatever I was doing in a black and white colour till the bar fills.

Again, when I shut down the computer and tried starting it again the normal way by pressing the power button it didn't start. I had to keep on pressing it for a couple of seconds and even now the sleep mode isn't working properly. I wonder what happened to my macbook all of a sudden. Can anyone give me an idea about what really is wrong?

I really hope its nothing too serious. I'd highly appreciate your help and support here.

Thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I actually did that already but sadly the problem is still there :-(

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
If you live near an apple store i would take it in there, and let a genius look at it. If you do not live near one, i would give apple a call. Do you have the extended apple care?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I live in Pakistan and I don't have any apple store near me but I got it from an authorized apple store and I guess thats the only place I can visit to get this sorted. I don't have the extended apple care plan. The software is running fine though and generally apple is very expensive to fix. I am wondering whether to leave it the way it is or get it checked in case the problem worsens in the long run.

Reaction score
Looks like a OS software issue.
Try to back up your system using time machine.
Then completely reinstall the system, see how it works..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I also thought about it but I then thought that it would be a hardware issue with the power button. Let me try that as I have nothing to lose. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That didn't work. Its a hardware problem for sure :-(

C

chas_m

Yeah, you'll have to locate an independent Apple Store somewhere to get that fixed. Although I don't think there are any in Pakistan, you should be able to find one in one of the (relatively) nearby countries. Good luck!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well I bought it from an apple authorized store so I'll get it checked by them. Thanks for the help guys :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.