Dual Monitor.

P

prophet

...I know it's out there somewhere. and I figgure you fellas would know where more than I, or anyone else I could think to ask.

Where can I find the patch that allows iBooks to have the PowerBook function to have dual monitors.

...I would very much like to run a second monitor from my iBook so I can work on projects from my Digital Photography class next semester a lot better than on the college's cruddy eMacs using 10.2

...that and running World of Warcraft at higher rez than 1024x768. ;)

OP
B

bhanson

Beware though, the iBook's don't have very much horse power. When I tried using anything other than the mirroring function at 1024X768, my computer was essentially un-usable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah... but since we are on the topic of screen spanning, how many monitors can the powerbook support... 3? the powerbook monitor, DVI and S-Video? or only 2 at a time?

JRV

Reaction score
i have the ibook G4 1.2 and so far it works fine with an external monitor at a higher resolution.

OP
S

sursuciofla

JRV said:
i have the ibook G4 1.2 and so far it works fine with an external monitor at a higher resolution.

Same here! I use the 14" 1.33Ghz with 1.256 GB RAM and spanning works great on higher res. monitor.

OP
F

Fallooza

i have it on my imac and love it. (i know its not a ibook but couldnt help it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
Fallooza said:
i have it on my imac and love it. (i know its not a ibook but couldnt help it)

Screen spanning on my ibook 12" is a LIFESAVER!

okay, that might be an exaggeration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.