Definitive Answer: Fixing Mac Mouse Acceleration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Pro, Intel i5 2.53 GHz, 15" Hi-res antiglare screen, 500 GB HD.
(Note: I apologize in advance if this is the wrong subforum for this topic, but since OS X is definitely the culprit here, this seems to be the right place.)

Anyone who's used a PC most of their life and switched to a Mac knows that Mac mouse acceleration is *different*, to say the least. IMHO, it's awful, and not something I can just get used to.

I've spent many hours reading forums and articles, downloading programs and drivers (USB OverDrive, Mouse Steer, Logitech Control Center, etc...) and have not yet been able to solve the following problem: I want the mouse on my Mac to mirror as closely as possible the Windows acceleration curve. Right now, I'm using USB overdrive, which is better than the default Mac mouse behavior, but still not ideal since it's really "jumpy" and definitely not the real thing.

Can anyone point me to a program / driver/ whatever that can get a Mac to mimic Microsoft mouse behavior? I'm willing to spend money if that's what it takes!!

(My mouse is a Logitech MX518 -- Logitech doesn't seem to have any drivers I can install on my Mac for it, so I think the solution is going to have to be 3rd party. Logitech Control Center didn't recognize the mouse so I uninstalled it.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
The best I could do was a program called MouseZoom.

Comes close to Windows. But not quite.

After a few months I found I got used to the Mac way, and now I find it cumbersome using a Windows mouse.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MacBook Pro, Intel i5 2.53 GHz, 15" Hi-res antiglare screen, 500 GB HD.
Thanks, I'll give that one a try. Anyone else have any recommendations?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.