Macbook Air Short Circuit--HELP!

Reaction score
This is my first post here mainly because I haven't had many issues with my Macbook Air, and the ones I have have generally been fixed right away by Apple. Unfortunately, someone spilled beer on my 2.5 year old Macbook Air last week. I shut the computer down and left it for a few days.

When I went to turn my computer on the keyboard lit up and the volume worked, but I can't really see anything on my screen (you can see things of high contrast-such as the Apple logo when it's booting up or an iTunes file on the desktop).

I brought it into Apple yesterday and they said that something short circuited when it got wet and that since it was no longer under warranty it would be a $750 'flat fee' to fix. This is half the price of a new one, and frankly for a 2.5 year old computer, isn't worth spending.

I obviously don't know what exactly short circuited, but it seems as if the only thing that doesnt work is the lighting on the screen. Does anyone have any recommendations on other places to go to have them take a look (I live in Manhattan) or perhaps an idea of what this would cost to get fixed outside of Apple?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.