please help!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
im a total computer failure, and can barely turn one on
just got my new iphone in the mail and have never started one myself
normally i get it in the store and the ppl start it and all i have to do is sync my old and then sync the new
now i am having major issues
did a sync on my old phone. plugged in the new and it asks for billing zip and last 4 of social
i keep doing it and it keeps telling me im timing out of my session
any idea whats going wrong here???

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you have a AT&T or Apple store nearby..stop by and they'll have you up and running in no time..:)

Regards

OP
R
Reaction score
thanks...
i just wanted to be able to get it up and running myself, but i will probably break it anywayz
:(
i suck
fingers crossed they can help me

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I presume you are going through the activation process..you should be able to call AT&T and have them help you as well..

Not having gone through the process myself (bought used iPhone) I can't provide any specific help to you..

Regards

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
How often has this happened? Someone with more iPhone experience than I have will chime in if I am wrong but I think this can happen if the servers (computer) handling account setup are swamped.

OP
R
Reaction score
i think it was my fault from the beginning
apparently there were instructions in the box...to be honest, i repped the box open, snatched out my new phone and hopped in a cab for work
took the advice about going to the at&t store and they got my phone activated
NOW i cant sync the frickin thing
maybe i did the original sync wrong cause all i have is music, no app or contacts or anything else
i can see the apps in my itunes library, but they wont go on my new phone
i tried syncing a few times and all i get are the standard apps and nothing else
im now afraid to plug my old phone back in in case i lose the info ive got stored on there...
ive had iphones since the very first one and have synced a million times...why is this happening???
i want to cry
i know it sounds dramatic, but its my birthday and it sucks
sorry to be a drama queen
:Confused:

Reaction score
Does your phone appear in iTunes? If so, have you tried dragging and dropping the apps into the phone? or just sync them? make sure to check all of your tabs and that you have all the right sync options checked.

Theres a way to copy your backup. I can't remember what the folder/file is called but when you find it you can just copy it wherever (desktop) and then fiddle with plugging your old phone in again.

OP
R
Reaction score
i dont even see syncing options anymore...
aaand now i doont wanna plug the old phone back in in case it clears it out of info
how do you get to the menu where it shows you your syncing options?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The sync options only show up when the device (iPod, iPhone) is detected by iTunes..otherwise you won't see anything..

Regards

Reaction score
i dont even see syncing options anymore...
aaand now i doont wanna plug the old phone back in in case it clears it out of info
how do you get to the menu where it shows you your syncing options?

Open iTunes. Plug in the new iPhone. On the left side of your screen, you should see your iPhone under devices. Mine says "Jake's iPhone". When you see it, click on it. Then on the main screen there will be a row of tabs at the top. Click on each one and look at the sync options. It's fairly straightforward, though a little long for me to type up a step by step. You should be able to figure most of it out, but if you do have questions just ask.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.