Switching to a MAC

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm sorry if this question has been asked lots of times before, but I felt I had to ask personally.
Basically, I am looking to switch to a mac in order to enhance the music program Ableton I will buy with it.
This music making software I know is very popular, but I was wondered which mac pc or notepad I should purchase that is best for making music on? I am not a gamer online, I just want to be able to make music on it.

Any advice or direction will be really appreciated, as I'm not sure which way to turn!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Paul

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First, it's Mac..:)

Second..there are a LARGE number of posts about this specifically..so you don't really need to ask the same question since you aren't asking anything very unique..

Having said all that..what is your budget? Do you prefer the portability of a laptop or the lack of one with a desktop?

Regards

C

chas_m

First lesson:

A Mac is short for "Macintosh." It's not an acronym, thus it should not be capitalised.

To put it another way:
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Ditto for iPod. :)

Reaction score
First lesson:

A Mac is short for "Macintosh." It's not an acronym, thus it should not be capitalised.

To put it another way:
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Ditto for iPod. :)

As long as we are being a stickler for details...

The correct name for the raincoat is "mackintosh" with the "k" following the "mac" and, yes, it is not capitalized even though it is named after its inventor, Charles Macintosh (whose name doesn't have a "k" in it...go figure).

There's your little bit of nearly useless trivia for the day.

Oh, yeah... you left out "Big Mac," the famous (or infamous depending on your point of view) hamburger served by McDonalds.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well I guess we could also include MAC (Military Airlift Command)...and "Mac & Cheese".;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.