Problem with sound quality of last couple of tracks when burning CDs

Reaction score
I have burnt about 50 CDs over a period of a week using i-Tunes and good quality CDs, and have noticed that there is a problem with the last two tracks on most of the CDs. They a not a clean sound, like there is static in the track. I'm using 80min CDs and they are the same brand I have been using for ages and have never had any problems. Any suggestions? I don't understand why the quality of the last two or three tracks is completely different to the pristine quality of the previous tracks. I have a Macbook Pro, with all the latest updates including i-Tunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Those songs that had static in them, how is the quality of the discs? Sometimes if they are scratched, that can cause skipping or staic when they are played/ripped. Have you tried playing around with the mport settings in iTunes at all? There's an advanced setting in there called skip-reduction or something like that, I'm not in front of it at the moment. Try re-ripping with that and see if there's any difference. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. And yes, it could happen where a majority of the CD tracks sound nice, but some don't; some of my older CDs are like that too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.