NFS export

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Hello guys,

I was wondering, is it possible to export a mount point as NFS under Snow Leopard?
For example to export an .iso file as an NFS resource?

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I looked up this stuff earlier and couldn't come up with much other than the Leopard info. I refrained though as there seems to have been a major change from Tiger to Leopard with NFS exports and although the jump wasn't as drastic with Leopard to SL, I figured there may have been a change (I also don't have a Mac ATM to test those).

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Sometimes, Google is your friend..:)

Try NFS exports on Leopard | MacResearch and 10.5: Set up NFS exports in 10.5 - Mac OS X Hints, though they are for Leopard..can't imagine it's that different for Snow Leopard..

Regards

Thanks for that, however I wasn't looking for "reading" a NFS mount. Maybe I should rephrase what I said before, I was looking for a way of setting up NFS from my Mac for others to use :)

Anyway, thanks for the input and finding the time to google :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That's exactly what I provided in the link..the way you setup for directories to be available over NFS to others from your Mac is called "NFS export" which is what the links tell you how to do not..

If you wanted to mount an external NFS directory..that'd be entirely different steps..

Regards

OP
scathe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Sorry for that, I'm not sure why I thought those links were not what I was looking for :D long day maybe :D

Thanks RazorEdge

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.