DVD burning not working properly...

Reaction score
So I've been trying to burn something onto a DVD-RW (it is on a first generation MacBook), and once I start burning the DVD, it gives the following message:

Burning the disc failed because communication to the disc failed (error code 0x80020022).

When my dad tried it on our other computer (PowerMac G5), the first time it gave a similar message, but the second time it worked okay.

I've tried this three times, with 2 different discs, and I keep getting the same message.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I hate to tell you this but just about every DVD RW disk I ever purchased gave me problems. Whether it was on my Mac or the PCs I own. I've used various brands and tried various methods with different software. Might just be me....

Use DVD-R or DVD+R media for best results. DVD media is so inexpensive nowadays that it doesn't make sense to use DVD re-writeables.

Regards.

C

chas_m

I find that DVD-RW (which I still use occasionally because I don't like shiny landfills) needs to be burned slowly. My older DVD writer only works well with them by burning at 4x.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
DVD RW media that I've ever seen only burns at 2.4X. Where did you find DVD RW media at 4X? As far as the landfill goes, I break them up into small pieces before I throw them away. Fills in nicely. :Smirk:

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.