Logitech or Altec speaker dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Hey guys, i'm looking into getting an iPod speaker dock for my sister's ipod touch 3G, and I think I have settled on these 2:

Altec Lansing inMotion classic
or
Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2

Does anyone have either of these or know someone who does? Both have good reviews, i wanted to run it by our community here though to see what your opinions are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I personally wouldn't buy either if you're going based on someone else's opinions. This has nothing to do with taste, but with what anyone else is able to discern with their own hearing. Hearing being the point, you can never truly judge such a thing as this with someone else's ears. Ear canal, ear drum and other shapes of the ear will give you a different perspective from someone else. Age is also a big factor, as the older we get, the worse our hearing gets because of losing the ability to hear certain frequencies. It's kind of a big deal.

So if you're going to ask this question, you should be really specific. Ask what the sonic and tonal qualities might sound like to someone. At least you might get within the ballpark then. Too bad you don't live near a place which sells said items so that you can check them out for yourself.

That said, in my experience, Altec Lansing and Logitech stuff is very hit and miss in terms of both build quality and sound quality. No bias towards or against either. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I really like the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere 2 and actually have one I could sell you for a bunch cheaper than that. The battery life is the best part about it. I bought a Sonos whole house system and now it is collecting dust. Only about two months old. PM me if interested.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea I understand what you mean Doug, but like you said, there unfortunately aren't any retail stores around me that sell higher up brands such as this, they all sell the cheaper iHomes and such, which is why I rely on the internet for all my research for the most part. Thanks for the offer mdfuller, but I think i would rather buy it new, no offense to you of course, I found a good deal on Amazon for both of them. The battery life is what turned me onto the Logitech, but do you think the FM radio in the Altec gives a reason to hold onto it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I have actually bought two Logitech Pure-Fi's because I liked them so much (for the price). Just took one to Mexico and it was a hit at the pool! What in the heck is FM radio?

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're kidding me right about the radio? It's what you listen to in the car, the radio signals carry music to your radio antenna on your car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You're kidding me right about the radio? It's what you listen to in the car, the radio signals carry music to your radio antenna on your car.

LOL. I was kidding. That being said, I cannot even remember the last time I listened to the radio.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.