Can't click with the touchpad, MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi!

I bought my MBP in september last year and recently, out of the blue, I can't use the touchpad to click anymore. The touchpad itself is still working good but when clicking, the computer does not react. It has to be a hardware issue since it is not working in Windows XP (bootcamp) either.

Any ideas on what could have caused this and what I might try to solve it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you checked to ensure your touchpad preferences are stup correctly?

OP
O
Reaction score
Have you checked to ensure your touchpad preferences are stup correctly?

I have checked that, still clicking does not work while tapping is working fine.

I have also tried booting with the OSX Installation disc and clicking with the touchpad is not working here either.

Reaction score
I think this is slowly happening to me as well. I'm assuming your touchpad is like mine with the button built-in. I have to press really hard for it to register. It could be wear and tear mixed with some bad design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody (Mid 2009), Currently running Leopard, 8GB iPod Touch and 16GB iPod Nano...
I had the exact same problem. I took it to my apple reseller and they said that they would fix it free of charge because it was under warranty. It was a faulty mouse button.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thats good news.

However, i broke the screen on my mac, can they fix just the mouse with the warranty? Cause i havent caused that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.