iPhone 4 battery experiences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I've done a search for iPhone 4 battery posts and I can't find them. Most deal with 3Gs battery issues. I apologize if this has been done a million times, but I need to find out what kind of battery life other people are getting.

After charging my iPhone 4 overnight, I'm at 89% with 1 Hour of usage and 3 Hours, 24 Min of Standby time. This seems to be identical to my 3GS battery usage. I thought this thing was supposed to give me better battery life. Here's what I've done so far today:

Surfed the web on Safari (no video, just reading)
Chatted on Meebo
Checked Facebook for like 5 minutes
10 txt messages
No phone calls
No music
No video
Nothing crazy running in the background like Maps or anything that has to track my location. Just mail, txt, phone, Weatherbug, Facebook, Meebo, Contacts, Calendar.
I have anwhere from 2-Full bars, but mostly it's either 4 or 5 bars of signal on 3G. Wifi turned off. Bluetooth turned off.

Is this normal? All the reviews I read, editors are being blown away by the battery life. I am definitely nowhere near blown away by my batter life. Let me know or post screen shots of your usage. Thanks!

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I should also note that I restored my iOS to 4.01 as a new phone. I didn't restore from my old backups. I drained the battery until the iPhone 4 shut off and then recharged overnight already also.

Reaction score
I'm finding that my iPhone 4's battery is lasting much longer than my iPhone3G did! I use it more, too, because it's so much faster, love it! Maybe you got a bad battery???

Reaction score
Sounds about right. I get about one hour of usage per 10% of battery life on wifi. Make sure you change your mail settings to manual fetch as anything else will drain battery life. Turn off location services when not in use and also turn off wifi when not using it.

Currently my iPhone 4 battery is at 38%.

Usage = 5 hours, 35 minutes
Standby = 1 day, 8 hours

I usually get around 8-10 hours of usage out of a full cycle charge. Which is better than any other phone I've had.

EDIT: Oh I just read you use 3G. I use mostly wifi. 3G still eats battery life (turn off 3G when you are not using the phone). Just having 3G run when you are not using the phone will eat some battery (more so than Edge). Much better to have it on Edge when not in use. Nit-picky and might not save a lot of battery but it does make a difference.

Reaction score
Mine lasts all day. brightness at about 60%, 3G on, fetch and notifications off. I stream podcasts for 2.5 hours and check internet, digg, mail etc all day long. throw it on the charger at night, no worries. it lasts from when i get up at 4 till i go to bed at 9.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to update, I ran my battery down to 6% last night before charging and here's the info.

Usage: 6 Hours, 9 Min
Standby: 15 Hours, 29 Min

Here's what I did all day:

10 min FaceTime
10 min phone calls
Lots of txts
Lots of chatting
Web browsing
No video
No music
3G for 11 hours (Wifi OFF)
Wifi for 4 hours

It def lasts me all day, but 6% left after doing that? I'm just not impressed with this battery compared to the 3GS, but seems like everybody is saying this is pretty good battery life. Maybe I'll just drop by the Apple Store to see if it's good or not.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Last night, I was at 18% battery with 6 H and 54 M Usage and 17 H and 56 M standby. Still good or normal stats?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yep, nothing too weird. If it will help ease your paranoia, you could take it to Apple and have them look at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.