Tried to Change My Login Image

Reaction score
I tried to change my login image and messed up somehow in terminal and now the login screen is just blue and when i try to do the sudo codes it says there is no such file as DefaultDesktop.jpg what should i do

OP
S
Reaction score
i just also discovered that somehow the picture i was trying to make the login screen is the default background (the purple star thing). the thumbnail is the normal picture but when i click on it its the default background

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Retrace your steps, start by checking your .bash_history to see what you deleted and so on

why do ppl like to mess around with system files when they have absolutely no idea what they're doing? :)

Besides that, there is no way people can help you by reading "I messed up in terminal" ... what exactly did you do and what exactly are the consequences. Just for any future posts you might write.

Luckily for you I looked up the location of that default image:
/System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg

so you can just copy another image to that location to get rid of that dreadful blue :p

cp <desired_image_path> /System/Library/CoreServices/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
what do i out for the desired image path

What do you mean? How would I know what the path to your image is. Use the path to an image you want to use as the background. It's just a COPYING.

cp <login_background_image> /System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg

Be sure that you actually use a jpeg and not a different format !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.