internet issues??

Reaction score
Hi im new to the forum, so be gentle haha. i just got my macbook a few months ago and i like it alot. but recently i have been having some troubles with my widgets/internet games/software update. all of these do not work. sorry let me rephrase that. they all dont work if they need some type of internet connection. the calender widget and time widget works but no weather or anything that needs the connection. safari works just about perfect though, sometimes it glitches out and freezes but for the most part works just find. i have searched for just about everything through google. i tried to reload the os (not a fresh install) im not sure what else to do. any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

C

chas_m

If you have a lot of widgets, it may take quite some time for them to update since they are all trying to update all at once. If Safari is (generally) working, then your internet connection is fine. An OS reload was unnecessary (it rarely is on a Mac).

Next time you're on Safari, you might visit speedtest.net and take a reading and post it here. That may help tell us something about your connection.

OP
Y
Reaction score
i have a 3.25 mb's dl speed and a .12 upload. using wireless, i know its not the fastest but still fast enough for them to load up decently like they used to. i have the date clock and weather up and the weather is the only thing that doesnt load. could a bit torrent program change the internet settings for these to work. seems after i downloaded a program is when it went down hill. as in the widgets and software update, and i cant even click on the security in system preferences. i appreciate the response but i think there is more to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.