volume levels in playlists

C

code777

is there an easy way to get the volume levels on say a bunch of songs in a playlist to be about the same? i have a few songs where they either need to be turned up or turned down and well you know what happens if you leave it at one volume level.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
iTunes->Preferences->Audio tab->Sound Check

put a check in the box next to Sound Check

OP
C

code777

HMMM, i thought i did that but it did not seem to help. maybe it does for when i'm on my mac but on the actual iPod it doesn't seem like it does anything...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
code777 said:
HMMM, i thought i did that but it did not seem to help.
Are all of your tracks encoded at the same bitrate? If one is higher or lower, then volume would be a problem between some tracks. The only way to 'fix' it is to ensure that each track is encoded the same way.
maybe it does for when i'm on my mac but on the actual iPod it doesn't seem like it does anything...
If you are listening to the tracks on the iPod alone, there is a Sound Check option that you can toggle on and off in the Settings menu of the iPod.

OP
C

code777

HMMM, yeah they are encoded in different bitrates and so forth. i guess i'm out of luck. i have the sound check ON when i'm using the iPod but it doesn't do anything really. oh well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.