Sequential playback during shuffle - Is it possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
iPod Touch 3rd generation

Quick example:

We Will Rock You by Queen should always be followed by We Are the Champions. But on shuffle mode they are not treated as being of the same group even when they are listed as the same group in iTunes along with sequential track numbers, gapless playback checked, etc. It works in iTunes when it is selected to shuffle by Groupings, but it will not work on the iPod Touch when it is in shuffle. Now I'm sure Apple didn't gimp on the music playing software for the iPod, did they? The iPod Touch CAN do this, correct? How can I make this happen?

And no, making them one audio file is not an option, because We Are the Champions should be able to be randomly selected by itself without We Will Rock You needing to play first. Like I said, works in iTunes. iPod Touch is running iOS4, so it should work.... right?

C

chas_m

All you have to do is use the "Join Tracks" command in iTunes (on your computer) and re-sync. Thereafter, the two Queen songs will always play together.

I don't know if thereafter the second track will play standalone or not. Have never tried it, but if not, then a workaround would be to created the "joined" track, and then have second copy of just the latter song as well.

OP
Joe Redifer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Join CD Tracks only works while importing from disc and creates a single file. I don't see any "Join Tracks" otherwise in iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.