Need help to create installer for Apache,mysql,php

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need help to build the installer to configure apache,mysql as a service . I want to build my own environment to run php applications.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Apache and PHP are already installed. A MySQL install is available for OS X user and likely has an easy install, or normal install process. Setup Apache to handle PHP and auto start MySQL and you are done. To note; I believe MySQL comes preinstalled on OS X Server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Another option too - if you just want a test environment that you can easily remove later you can always get XAmpp ( apache friends - xampp for mac os x ) or mamp ( MAMP: Mac, Apache, MySQL, PHP ). These will install into the applications directory and are folders that contain the full web hierarchy as well as the appropriate applications - nice and easy fully self contained without really affecting much of the rest of the OS.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi ,

I really appreciate for your quick reply . i want to create my own installer package just like xampp . Installer should be capable to configure any port (not 80) for apache , (not 3306) mysql. By using this i want to deploy my php project.

I have seen same installer for the one php project Nolapro . but it supports windows OS.

Thanks
Bhavesh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Oh, I think I see - you want to build a complete package with apache, mysql, php and your own website/php script files so the user would then just plunk (or install, I don't remember what mamp does off hand, been a long time since I threw it on my system) that into applications folder and launch the apps from within there (or I assume a launcher that you would write)...

Hmm, my ONLY guess would be is you would have to create your folder hierarchy, get apache, mysql, php to all be installed into there, modify their config files to change their folder references, then create your distributable (install package or drag and drop package within a dmg) for the user to install. The most critical would be a launcher so it would launch apache/mysql/etc for you so you can always make sure to pass the appropriate current path to the apps for the configs instead of letting them launch apache manually which would search specific folders for configs if it's not given certain command line arguments.

OP
B
Reaction score
Oh, I think I see - you want to build a complete package with apache, mysql, php and your own website/php script files so the user would then just plunk (or install, I don't remember what mamp does off hand, been a long time since I threw it on my system) that into applications folder and launch the apps from within there (or I assume a launcher that you would write)...

Hmm, my ONLY guess would be is you would have to create your folder hierarchy, get apache, mysql, php to all be installed into there, modify their config files to change their folder references, then create your distributable (install package or drag and drop package within a dmg) for the user to install. The most critical would be a launcher so it would launch apache/mysql/etc for you so you can always make sure to pass the appropriate current path to the apps for the configs instead of letting them launch apache manually which would search specific folders for configs if it's not given certain command line arguments.

I will try use these steps.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.