• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Have You Been Browsing Lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Let's keep it seemly folks, play nice, stay within the rules.

I'd like to suggest this thread, along with the Music and Games herein (they are, after all, up in the thousands and hundreds respectively), as Stickies.

So, what have you been browsing lately. One from me: Best Online Videos | Wimp.com

Have fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Engadget.com - daily all day long :)
Whitehouse.gov - I was looking at updates of today's vote to extend unemployment benefits seeing as mine just ran out this week again and I've been unemployed for nearly 2 years now. (off-and-on)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Nothing apart from the normal lately.. I do probably about 95% of my browsing on my mobile phone, and whilst doing so, I came across Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge.

It's got a lot of pretty cool free stuff for mobile phones and even detects your model (and lets you choose if it doesn't amtch), and displays content specifically for your phone.

I mostly use it for images and themes.. Since Sony has to haev DRM packaged files, the ring tones don't work natively. However, Sony was cool enough to let you download a DRM Packager so you can make your own tones.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Since Sony has to haev DRM packaged files, the ring tones don't work natively. However, Sony was cool enough to let you download a DRM Packager so you can make your own tones.
That's not "cool". I know what you're getting at but that's like saying "company x controls the use of my products so I'm glad that they let me cripple my other content so I can use it." ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Engadget
Wired
CNN
You Tube
Various Forums (guns,knives,gadgets,electronics and auto)

Reaction score
Nothing apart from the normal lately.. I do probably about 95% of my browsing on my mobile phone, and whilst doing so, I came across Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, games. Millions of downloads for your mobile phone | Zedge.

It's got a lot of pretty cool free stuff for mobile phones and even detects your model (and lets you choose if it doesn't amtch), and displays content specifically for your phone.

I mostly use it for images and themes.. Since Sony has to haev DRM packaged files, the ring tones don't work natively. However, Sony was cool enough to let you download a DRM Packager so you can make your own tones.
Thanks for the link. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah, I know what you mean, but the funtionality of this Sony phone is far better than what my Blackberry has to offer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Badger and Blade. Thinking about giving the 'ole safety razor a shot :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Badger and Blade. Thinking about giving the 'ole safety razor a shot :)

You'll love it. I switched to one last June and its great. Much closer, more economical (razor blades are cheap!), and turns a chore into something enjoyable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Much closer, more economical (razor blades are cheap!), and turns a chore into something enjoyable.

Sorry i cant seem to find where its a enjoyable thing to do any time :( I shaved every day for nearly 10yrs whilst in the Military and sooo looked forward to becoming a 'civvie' so i didnt have to...... lol i go for a 3 day shadow before i shave now ....... Cool looking site though

Engadget
LifeHacker Aust
Apple Aust waiting and hoping the Pre Order form for the iPhone 4 is sitting there staring me in the eyes....
DeviantArt.com
AskDaveTaylor.com

Cheers

Reaction score
MacDailyNews (MDN for short) for me, and they even have an iPhone app!

HIGHLY recommended, constantly updated, and they post their takes at the bottom of the articles, quite biased but hysterical.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.