iPhone 4 + 3GS and family plan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
So my wife and I have been seriously considering converting over to AT&T from Verizon in spite of the horror stories all of our friends on AT&T have shared about poor service in our area. Mainly because I'm such an Apple junky that my "patience" for having an iPhone has worn out after three years.

My question is this, does AT&T charge $15 PER phone for each data plan? I've gone through Apple's site a few times and it added up to $104.99 for a family plan with the 200MB data plan and unlimited text messaging. I'm not sure that's accurate though because it doesn't look like it's factoring in a second phone.

Can anybody shed some light on what a 200MB/month data-family plan costs for 2 people to be using data packages (iPhone 4 and a 3GS)?

Thanks for you help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes, the data plan is per phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You could get a family plan, which starts with 2 lines for $60. Then each additional open line is $10. Each phone line is 10, and each iPhone requires a data plan. Though, I would probably get the next highest plan, and downgrade if you don't use enough because going over over 200mb will go by fast and will be expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.