Can I use Soundtrack Pro or GarageBand to remix music?

Reaction score
I have both of these programs on my Mac, and I've never really experimented with them much. I need to remix some music for an event later on in the year, and I want to learn how to remix songs before August ends. So these are the two programs I have at my disposal, and I don't have much money to pay for a new program; are they of any good use to me?

If they are, could you possibly lead me to any tutorials? Thanks much!

Reaction score
If they are, could you possibly lead me to any tutorials? Thanks much![/QUOTE]

Here are a bunch of GarageBand video Tutorials:
GarageBand Tutorials

When it comes to remixing, a lot of it is simply knowing the application you are working with and knowing how to get it "to do" what you want. I know that sounds rather vague, but almost every audio application out today allows you to: Adjust Tempo, Adjust Pitch, enhance Timing, Add tons of effects etc.

If You are new to digital recording, GarageBand is a perfect platform to learn it. Learn it, to identify what functionality you need in your pro audio applications then choose from there. It is quite possible it will do everything you need it to do!

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
If you have Soundtrack Pro legally you will have *bought* Logic Studio. Logic is *THE* remixing DAW as far as I'm concerned. Soundtrack Pro is not a DAW for composition really, much more based and film work. But seeing as it appears you don't have it legally i'll ignore it.

Garageband is fine for most things. You should be able to find anything you need for it in tutorials on youtube.

Reaction score
If you have Soundtrack Pro legally you will have *bought* Logic Studio. Logic is *THE* remixing DAW as far as I'm concerned. Soundtrack Pro is not a DAW for composition really, much more based and film work. But seeing as it appears you don't have it legally i'll ignore it.

Do your research before making accusations. Soundtrack Pro comes with both Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio, so no, having Soundtrack Pro but not having Logic Pro does not imply that one pirated Soundtrack Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.