Itunes issue

Reaction score
I am attaching a picture with the error I keep getting can someone help this is happening with 80% of my music

Picture 2.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you move or rename anything like say a user account? Is all the music in the same place on the hard drive?

OP
L
Reaction score
By user account do you mean on Itunes or on the computer? The only thing that has happened is a buddy logged in on itunes with his user/password on my itunes a month ago but it worked since then and I have changed it back

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
User Account in OSX. A lot of people rename that account the wrong way and things start to disapear. Just being sure that is not the issue.

I have most of my music on the main hard drive in the default location where iTunes saves it. I do have some music though on an external Firewire drive. If that drive is not turned on I get that message as iTunes can't find the file.

Have you checked the folders where your music resides? Is it all still where it should be?

OP
L
Reaction score
To be honest I don't know where it is or where it should be. I never moved anything and it should be all on my hdd on the computer I don't have anything else hooked up

C

chas_m

Three things:

1. Pretty obviously, someone or something has moved some of your music files. What happens when you DO try to locate the music file?

2. In iTunes preferences, do you have "keep music organized" checked?

3. The man's name is Bob Marley. The "Missing" track that is fully visible in your screenshot has the name "Bob Marely." Perhaps that's something to do with it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.